Mankind has been so much blessed by God with various amazing natural herbs and spices that are greatly beneficial to them in various aspects especially as it concerns their health and wellness.
Regrettably, just a few are taking great advantage of numerous health benefits these natural herbs and spices offer.
This has been caused by the ignorance or nonchalant attitude aided by their beliefs.
Bitter Kola happens to be one of these natural herbs and spices which aid human health condition. So, it is on this note that this writer presents to you below amazing health benefits of Bitter Kola:
1. Bitter Kola boosts the immune system.
Bitter Kola contains antioxidants that help boost the immune system in such a way that it protects one against immediate attacks from harmful toxins, bacteria and other transmissible ailments or infections. So, it is always advisable that one takes bitter kola regularly.
2. Bitter Kola helps lungs to function effectively. The antioxidant properties contained in Bitter Kola also help in strengthening lungs, maintaining good respiratory tract and treating chest cold. So regular intake of bitter kola will go a long way in making your lungs function properly.
3. Bitter Kola also helps guard against malaria.
Findings have proved that Bitter Kola contains antioxidant and antiinflammatory phytochemical called Kolaviron which is a major compound of garcinia seed. This seed helps is very effective for the treatment of malaria. Little wonder why alternative medicine practitioners have continuously prescribed bitter kola in treating malaria. It also helps in treating acute fever and throat infections.
4. Bitter Kola is very useful in guarding against eye pressure. When there is an increased pressure within the eyeball, this is called glaucoma. Glaucoma means gradual loss of sight, and it could lead to total blindness if not treated. However, findings have indicated that regular consumption of bitter kola can help address this.
5. Bitter Kola aids digestion. Bitter Kola contains a dietary fibre which helps preventing and treating health issues related to digestive system. Regular intake of bitter kola can also help address bloating, constipation and other related issues that disrupt bowel movement.
6. Bitter Kola aids mental awareness. Various research-oriented reports indicated that bitter kola contains caffeine which helps to stimulate central nervous system and mental awareness. Bitter Kola has been severally been described by various health experts as a cognitive booster.
7. Bitter Kola helps fight against cold. Bitter Kola is so medicinal that it is serves as a therapy for chest cold. Though excess caffeine can cause adverse reactions, caffeine in bitter kola helps to enlarge the alveolar sac and duct which subsequently provides relief to victims of chest cold.
8. Bitter Kola helps regulate blood pressure. Findings have shown that bitter kola is very useful in keeping blood glucose levels stable and normal. So, take bitter kola often as it will help you guard against having diabetes.
9. Bitter Kola helps guard against osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis occurs when joint cartilage and underlying bone is degenerated, thereby leading to stiffness and pain in the knee, hip and thump joints. Studies have shown that moderate consumption of bitter kola can help minimize inflammation diseases and pains associated with joints.
10. Bitter Kola helps guard against STDs. Studies have shown that bitter kola contains properties such as antibiotic, antibacterial, cleansing and detoxification that could be useful in the treatment of some Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) like staphylococcus, salmonella typhi, Escherichia coli, streptococcus pyrogens and others.
Source; opera news