Please get this straight, through Dr. Lordina Mahama’s innovative abilities, she got medshare-USA and other sponsors to help her foundation in reaching out to health facilities across the country and providing health assistance to them.
These were done in the forms of hospital/polyclinic renovations, supplies of hospital beds, mattresses, orthopaedic chairs, expensive drugs, general medical equipments among others. Below are some facilities that benefited:
1. Supported the Nsawam medium security prison with medical supplies and equipments.
2. Supported the Bomfa Achiase health centre with medical facilities worth thousands of Ghana cedis.
3. Manso Nkwanta, Ejura, Ejisu, Saint Joseph, Juaso and mampong hospitals consistently received health supplies from Lordina Mahama through her lobbying skills.
4. Bole, Damongo, Tolon, Yabaga-kubori, walewale, nantong, savelugu, nalerigu baptist hospitals/polyclinics also received constant support for the first lady.
5. Kete-krachi, kpando, jasikan, nkwanta, sogakope, keta, kpedze and south ketu Municipal hospitals received boxes of medical supplies from the lordina foundation.
6. La general hospital, Usser clinic, mamprobi, prampram, Ashaiman hospitals/polyclinics received medical supplies under the lordina foundation.
7. Kwame Danso hospital, prang, kejebi, jeji, techiman, chiraa, banda, ampomaa and wenchi hospitals/polyclinics also received their share of medical supplies.
As part of her advocacy for HIV/AIDS, CERVICAL AND BREAST CANCER Awareness, she Supported the:
1. Nkoranza, Jema, kintampo, mampong, mallam, Gbawe, techiman, Adabraka hospitals/polyclinics among others. This helped in reducing the rate of these diseases by more than half percent.
As part of serving as a mother to the less privileged and vulnerable,:
1. The lordina foundation also provided accommodation for children at the Osu children’s home and Tamale childrens home.
2. Consistently supplied food items to the Princess Marie Louis children’s hospital, Gambaga camp, Anfaani childrens home, Akropong School of the blind, Christ faith Foster home, Frankmay childrens home, bethesda childrens home among others.
3. The Gambaga camp was given a new building for accommodation of the old ladies.
As part of the lordina foundations aim of making education accessible to the brilliant but needy:
1. The foundation consistently gave out scholarships to students across the country.
2. They also provided school uniforms, sandals, learning equipments and built kindergartens across the country.
The informal sector:
1. The lordina foundation met with the Ghana association of hairdressers and beauticians and consistently supplied them with materials to promote their skills.
2. Start-up kits were also donated to artisans of various vocational institutions across the country some of which are: Bechem, techiman north, sampa, dormaa, duayaw nkwanta among others.
3. In collaboration with the first lady of turkey, items were donated to the YWCA kayayei project, vocational institutions in the Volta, Brong ahafo and Greater Accra regions.
4. The fish processors and traders association were also supported occasionally with equipments to help in their trade. A bus was given to them to help in their mobility by the first lady.
As part of her brilliant advocacy skills and determination not to depend on the tax-payers money she received the following awards:
1. Honoured by state of New Jersey and the city of Newark with the key of the city of Newark in America for her philanthropic work.
2. Fordham University in May 2015 awarded Dr. Lordina Mahama with an honorary doctorate of humane letters for her work with women and children.
3. She was made President of Organization of African First Ladies against(OAFLA) in south Africa.
General achievements as First lady:
Under the able watch of Dr. Lordina Mahama as first lady, there were significant reductions in HIV/AIDS, Breast cancer, cervical cancer, maternal and infant mortality, teenage pregnancies, child marriages among others as a result of her direct efforts in making the female corridor a better place.
Infact these are just a few achievements of the Lordina Foundation in 4 years headed by Dr. Lordina Mahama done with No Salaries from the Government of Ghana.
What has changed today and why will Akufo-Addo and Bawumia want to pay their wives salaries before they make an impact in the country?
I hope I didn’t waste your data.
By RCO Maleek Basintale