As the consumption of electricity shoots up on daily basis, www.leakynews.net wants to use this article to educate you on how to control your power consumption or keeping the charges of your bill down by practicing the best energy plans.
Majority of electric energy consumers often blame officials of Electricity Company of Ghana whenever they are whipped with a high bill at the end of the month, forgetting that they (consumers) are the cause of the monthly hikes in charges.
Many Ghanaians use popular appliances such as televisions, heating appliances, washing machines, dishwashers among others, having no knowledge of their exact energy consumption capacity and how to effectively utilize them so as not to consume high energy.
Provided below is the list of electric appliances and their power consumption capacity;
- Central Air Conditioner (2 ton) : 1450 Kwh/month
- Water Heater (4-person household) : 310/kWh/month
- Refrigerator (17-20 cubic foot) : 205 KWh/month
- Dryer: 75 KWh/month
- Oven Range : 58 KWh/month
- Lighting 4-5 room household: 50 Kwh/month
- Dishwasher : 30 Kwh/month
- Television: 27 Kwh/month
- Microwave: 16KWh/month
- Washing machine: 9Kwh/month
TIPS ON HOW TO MANAGE THE ENERGY CONSUMPTION OF THE ABOVE
- Cover drafty windows
- Find and seal leaks
- Try and schedule regular service for your heating system
- Always don’t forget to lower water heating costs by using less hot water
- Unplug appliances , or use a power strip and the strip’s on /off switch to cut all power to the appliance when it’s turned off
Note: Abide by the above so that you can reduce your electricity cost. By so doing, you will be able to save more money.