In fact there are both psychological and biological reasons for premature ejaculation.
A. The psychological causes include:
1. Early sexual experiences that establish a pattern in which sex is linked to excitement, anxiety, and a demand to perform quickly for fear of being caught.
2. Men find themselves hypersensitive and unable to slow down and enjoy the pleasure of sex.
3. Anxiety about sexual performance or about other life issues.
This anxiety can create overstimulation that leads to premature ejaculation.
4. Worry over erectile dysfunction.
Men anxious about achieving or maintaining erection might begin rushing to ejaculate, then have trouble getting their bodies out of that habit.
B. Biological and other causes for premature ejaculation include:
1. Abnormal hormone levels
2. Low levels of the neurotransmitterserotonin
3. Abnormal condition affecting the ejaculatory system
4. Thyroid problems
5. Inflammation or infection of the reproductive organs, specifically the prostate or the urethra
6. Damage to the nervous system, which could have been caused by trauma or surgery
7. The use of drugs
8. Diabetes and/or cardiovascular disease