Former Mayor for Tamale Hon Musah Superior has outdoored his 10 point lead plan for the NPP when elected General Secretary.
Provided below is the detailed version of his outlined plan for NPP as copied to the office of www.leakynews.net;
1. As GS, l will operate meaningfully at the Party HQ. The Party will no longer be managed from the private offices and homes of some persons. I ll lead in running an active, professional and hugely political HQ. I will not run the Party in absentia.
2. I ll mange the Party from bottom to top.This means l will pay serious attention to the local structures of the party. I believe that if we pay attention to the polling stations and resource the Constituency Executives, we will enhance our strength.
3. I will formulate and publish a six monthly ACTIVITY PLAN. This means that l will be busy in the country side on a formal work schedule. Regional and Constituency ACTIVITY PLANS will fit into the plan of the HQ.
4. I will ensure that officers, communicators, etc are REWARDED. It is absurd that we do not have an award scheme for people who have worked so hard for our victory. I ll ensure that we add value to our officers and volunteers. This is not rocket science!
5. Establish a WORKING welfare scheme for all officers of the Party.
6. Revive the demotivated Communications Directorate of the Party. All communicators at all levels must have a reason to continue to advocate for the Party. I will put a plan in place to “look” after them. I will also support the Directorate to recruit brilliant communicators from the Regions and constituencies and offer them opportunities to feature on programmes “reserved” for certain class of persons. We must find innoviative ways of making our communication effective, convincing and pointful. This means we must consult widely and use the wealthy brains of the Party people.
7. I ll lead in constantly articulating the excellent work the NPP government is doing. We must articulate loudly our achievements and challenge any propaganda intended to undermine our great efforts. Winning elections 2024 will depend largely on the achievements of our government.
8. As GS, l will ensure that ALL internal elections are free, fair, transparent and credible. ALL parliamentary primaries shall be OPENED to all. No needless disqualifications.
9. Our Party is run by Committees. (Steering Committee, National Executive Committee, National Council and the National Delegates Conference/Congress). As GS, l will become the most functional officer of the Party and shall work to the directions of the Committees.
10. Discipline brings stability and meaning into a person or institution. It teaches us to be responsible and respectful.The observance of well-defined rules in any organisation is critically important for the growth and development of the organisation. Discipline promotes good human behavior, stronger and focussed regime. We need to instil this important virtue into our Party. l will supervise a disciplined Party.
Other equally important issues l seek to address as GS include:
A. Govt/Party relationship.
B. HQ working closely with govt appointees.
C. MMDCEs and Constituency Executives working as a team.
E. Strengthening our international branches.
F. Review the workings of the special Wings of the Party (Youth Wing, TESCON, Women’s wing and Nasara). I will ensure that these bodies run on full strength and effectively anchor the mobilization of the masses for elections 2024.
G. A program tailored to empowering our Party youth will be established. Skills development, entrepreneurship, etc will be deliberately implemented to add value to our young people.