Sugarcane is known for its high sugar content. It also carries some minerals which are very relevant for the body.
They include calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron, manganese etc. The juice is rich in vitamins.
Here are some of the health benefits of sugarcane and its juice:
1) Prevents Cancer: The minerals contained in sugarcane helps in prevention of various kinds of cancer in the body. This is because sugarcane is regarded as an alkaline food which helps maintaining PH level of the body making it not conductive for cancer growth.
2) Protects the liver: Sugarcane contains antioxidants that help prevent certain liver causing diseases due to the high oxidative process in the body. The juice helps reduce high levels of bilirubin to its normal level.
3) Boost Immune System: The antioxidants which sugarcane contains helps to improve the immune system.
4) Good Source of Energy: Sugarcane is good for the health because it provides energy due to its calorie content and it helps hydrate the body. The juice is highly recommended by medical experts to serve as energy drink in replacement of most artificially made energy drinks.
5) Helps in Digestion: The presence of potassium in sugarcane helps to improve the digestive system and prevents digestive problems.
6) Protects the Teeth: Presence of potassium, calcium and magnesium in sugarcane helps to make the teeth strong and prevent decay.
7) Improves The Skin: Sugarcane contains Glycolic Acid. It is well known for its use in facial and skin treatment as it helps in the removal of blemishes, dark spots, wrinkles and dead cells from the body.
8) It is Diuretic: Sugarcane juice functions as a diuretic meaning it helps in removal of excess water and salt in the body through urine and sweat. It helps prevent urinary tract infection and kidney stones.
With these afore mentioned health benefits, I know that the next time you see sugarcane you won’t hesitate to get one.