CORRUPTION CAN EASILY BE ERADICATED
STOP SAYING CORRUPTION
CAN NEVER BE ERADICATED – Ghanaians
JULY 27, 2021
There is the saying that “a tree that is likely to poke your eyes must be extirpated instead of lopping”
In effect, policies are implemented to uproot bad practices that is inimical to progress but not to minimise it.
When a farmer is fighting diseases that pose threat to the yield of his/her plantation, the farmer does everything possible to uproot the disease by applying the right chemicals.
Hypothetically, take Ghana as a cocoa farm and corruption as cocoa disease and the Special Prosecutor as the farmer.
This cocoa disease which is CORRUPTION is retarding the ability of he Cocoa from flourishing.
The partinent questions then are:
1) would the farmer apply medication just to limit the effect of the disease on the cocoa or he would apply to uproot or eradicate the disease?
2) would the farmer’s interest be to detect the kind of disease and then find a megaphone 📣and stand in the middle of the farm and be shouting
THE DISEASE DESTROYING MY COCOA FARM IS SMALLPOX OOOO!! SMALPOX OOOO!!
AND EXPECT THE DISEASE TO VANISH?
I want to be more enlightened because I am confused HOW COULD NAMING AND SHAMING CORRUPTIBLE PEOPLE MINIMIZE CORRUPTION if not to eradicate it?
1) In the first place observe and define the corruption problem you want to eradicate because corruption is of many forms or categories. Examples: pecunial corruption, moral corruption etc
Pecunial corruption is witty robbery using the pen and or charlatan likely, or deceptic or outwit mechanism to Rob – this form of corruption has been the canker of politicians and those in power.
In eradicating Pecunial corruption,
2) pass corruption eradication statutes that deals with only corruption
3) Clearly define the laws that protect the effective disbursement and utilisation of state funds, awarding contracts and whatever is expected of public and civil servants – dos and undos.
Brazenly and accentuatively define the stiffer punishment associated with the abuse of the satutes or lay down governing measures of state funds.
Assuming that the statute provides that never award contract on sole sourcing if anyone is found culpable of such practice Ten years imprisonment make sure you apply the law
If the statute says without the approval of parliament never use funds exceeding a certain amount(threshold) as soon as one goes contrary apply what the stipulates with no mercy
This is the only means Pecunial corruption could be erradicated
Naming and shaming those who commit pecunial corruption as the only deserving punishment then you are empowering the politicians and those in positions to collapse the economy.
steal billions and your only deserving punishment is NAMING AND SHAMING!
I am confused!!!