Welcome home valued reader.
This meal Gari and Beans popularly known as ‘Gorberh’ is one of the most popular dishes in Ghana.
It is normally consumed alongside fried ripe plantain known in the Ghanaian local name as ‘k)k))’, egg at times with vegetables like carrot and spring onion and finally pear.
Many people too disregard this food because of its name and nature, but ‘Gorberh’ has really so many health benefits and nutrients for the body which must be critically looked at.
If you are not eating Gari and Beans popularly known as “‘Gorberh'”, you are losing a lot of nutrients.
Simply we can prepare ‘Gorberh’ this way.
You will need the following ingredients:
2. Spring onion
5. ripped plantain
6. Palm oil
Here is how to start:
1. You can soak the beans overnight and afterwards boil it for a while till it softens .
2. Put on fire the palm oil and heat. Heat alongside with onions in sauce pan to add more flavour to the palm oil. Normally to improve the taste, the oil can be mixed with small made stew.
3. Then, measure the amount of gari required to your preference and mix together evenly.
4. Finally pour some of the palm oil on it and mix together evenly.
5. It can be served with egg alongside with fried plantain.
6. Spring onions, carrots and can be added to make it more nutritious.
Now let us have a look at the prominent health benefits of eating Gari and Beans known as ‘Gorberh’.
Much energy is given to the body when one eats gari and beans popularly know as ‘Gorberh’ in Ghana.
Gari is rich in starch and serves as source of energy to the body.
2. Repairs body worn-out tissues
The Beans and egg found in ‘Gorberh’ has considerable amount of iron and protein. Protein according to science study helps to repair worn-out tissues in the body.
The beans in ‘Gorberh’ regularly helps people who may be less likely to die of a heart diseases.
3. Reduction in bad cholesterol level
Bad Cholesterol in the body system contribute to heart diseases. Fatty food substances build up in the arteries forces the heart to pump blood which may even lead to high blood pressure. The palm oil in ‘Gorberh’ may help reduce the bad cholesterol in the blood stream and arteries. This protects the heart from diseases.
The vegetables eaten with ‘Gorberh’ such as onions, spring onions, pear and carrots are rich in providing vitamins to the body. Vitamins helps the immune system to be strong which fights against diseases and other infections that may come into the body system.
5. Promotes brain function
Eating Gari and Beans ‘Gorberh’ helps the brain to function well. The ripe plantain eaten alongside produces Vitamin B6, also called pyridoxine, which generates several important neurotransmitters that carry information from one cell to another. This helps the brain to function well. If you don’t eat gari and beans, you are losing so much health benefits.
Thank you so much.
Please don’t forget to share this knowledge.