Happy day my dear reader.
Be informed that waist beads are traditional accessory for Africans which has gain popularity across the world.
It consist of small beads on a string around the waist,which comes in different colors.
In the past,West African women put on waist beads as a sign of femininity, fertility, sensuality, and spiritual well-being.
But contemporary women wear waist beads for fancy, seduction and so many other reasons.
The reasons for waist bead are provided below;
a. In some culture, waist bead indicate that a woman is ready for marriage.
b. In some culture, waist bead indicated that a woman is still a virgin.
c. In some culture,waist bead are worn on babies,to accentuate their waist and hips as they grow.
d. In some West African culture like Ghana,women wears waist beads as a sign of femininity and sensuality.
e In other culture,women are adored with waist beads during their first menstruation, as a rite of passage into womanhood.
f. According to tradition, some waist beads have some spiritual potency and power which were spelt out to the women concerned.
g. In some traditions, waist beads are associated with womanhood, maturity, and growth.
2 . For Body Shaping
In this contemporary world, ,women put on waist beads to keep their bodies intact.
It is proven that the waist beads shape the body and keep the waist and hips accentuated.
3. For Weight Measurement
It is also used as a measuring tools to keep track of weight gain or lost as it does not stretch.
Waist beads colors and their meaning
The color of waist bead traditional has several and different meanings which may vary from culture to culture.
1) Blue is a sign of healing, truth, insight, devotion and loyalty.
2) Brown is a sign of earth and stability
3)Green is a sign of prosperity,hope,fertility, harmony and nature
4) Gold is a sign of Good health, power and wealth.
5) Yellow is a sign of clarity, joy,happiness, awareness and calming nerves.
6) Red & Orange is a sign of self confidence, bravery,courage and vitality.
7) Purple is a sign of royalty, spirituality and wisdom.
8) Black is a sign of power and protection.
9) White is a sign of truth, purity and light.
10) Turquoise is a sign of communication and self-awareness.
11) Pink is a sign of beauty, love, kindness and care.
Many persons sees waist bead to be spiritual but it is totally harmless depending on the intent of wearing it.
Thank you very much for reading.