Please be informed that the European Union has declared its intention to completely phase out the sale of gasoline cars by the year 2035. Other countries too have expressed similar intentions.
New automobile sales in a number of countries are being planned for as part of an agreement to phase out diesel use.
Nations across the world are rapidly getting rid of fossil-fuel cars and moving toward greener, cheaper alternatives.
These are the latest developments about the phase-out of petrol and diesel vehicles from several countries and the United States.
Here Are Some Of The Countries;
1. Austria is looking to phase out new fuel car registrations by 2027.
2. In British Columbia, legislation has been approved to prohibit the sale of new gasoline-powered cars by the year 2040
3. Denmark: This country too plans to ban all gasoline-powered vehicles by 2030, and all hybrids by 2035.
The country has called on the European Union to expressly permit member states to enact bans on all gasoline-powered vehicles by 2030 and all hybrids by 2035.
4. Egypt: developing a strategy to make electric vehicles the majority of vehicles on the road by the year 2040
5. France has set a goal of banning the sale of new fuel automobiles by 2040.
6. The Federal Council (upper house of German legislative) passed a resolution that demands the government mandate the use of emission-free cars on the highways by 2030.
7. Reykjavik Iceland has also made an announcement that it aims to stop registering new fossil fuel vehicles by 2030, and Reykjavik is planning to reduce the number of gas stations by half by 2025.
8. India established a target of 100% electric vehicles by 2030, and has also announced a plan to eliminate the sale of 2- and 3-wheel vehicles fuelled by fossil fuels by 2025.
9. Legislation has been suggested in Ireland that would only allow the sale of zero-emission vehicles starting in 2030.
10. After 2030, Israel proposes to stop the sale of new gasoline cars
11. In Japan, there are plans to completely ban the sale of new gas-powered automobiles by the year 2035.
12. After 2035, Koreans hope to restrict the sale of new petrol vehicles.
13. The Netherlands requires all new automobiles to be emission-free by 2030; the city of Amsterdam has already decreed that all gasoline/diesel vehicles would be prohibited from the streets by 2030.
14. Norway has announced plans to stop the sale of gasoline vehicles by 2025 (currently 60 percent of new car sales are electric)
15. Portugal: proposes to have no new diesel automobiles on the road by 2040
16. Quebec: selling new gas cars is phased out by 2035
17. Sibiu, in Romania: has announced plans to completely outlaw the sale of new fossil fuel automobiles by 2030
18. By the year 2040, the government of Spain has decided to outlaw the sale of cars running on fossil fuels.
19. The government of Sri Lanka said that it intends to completely prohibit fossil fuel vehicles from highways by the year 2040.
20. Sweden: intends to outlaw the sale of gasoline-powered vehicles after 2030
21. The government of Taiwan announced intentions to prohibit the sale of new non-electric vehicles by the year 2040.
22. Thailand has announced that they plan to phase out the sale of new gas-powered cars by 2035.
23. in the UK, plans are in place to stop the sale of solely gasoline or diesel vehicles by 2030; in Scotland, sales of new gasoline vehicles will be phased out by 2032.
From 2030 on, there will be no vehicles with internal combustion engines (ICE) in the city core of Amsterdam.
Planned to ban the use of gasoline-powered automobiles in Brussels by 2035.
The title of this proposal may very well be the first time a city has imposed a total ban on diesel vehicles driving through the city center.
Per the plan, all gasoline and diesel vehicles in Hong Kong would be eliminated by the year 2030 or 2040.
Thank you very much for reading.