One more person is reported dead after testing positive for coronavirus.
Details about the latest development are sketchy but Myjoyonline is learning that the fourth death was recorded in the Greater Accra Region on Wednesday.
Unconfirmed reports also suggest the total number of cases in the country has shot up significantly to 93 as of Wednesday, March 25, 2020.
Earlier that same day, JoyNews reported on the third coronavirus-related death in the country as having occurred at the 37 Military Hospital in Accra. The victim was the wife of a two-star army general.
The sudden spike in Ghana’s caseload has been attributed to the mandatory quarantine of travellers who arrived in the country from Saturday evening.
As of Wednesday, a total of 1,030 persons who arrived in the country from various countries had been put under mandatory quarantine and a significant number of the new cases have come from their ranks.
Meanwhile, a man who tested positive for the deadly virus also known as COVID-19 is said to have recovered from the Kumasi South Hospital, where he was quarantined.
The unidentified man is seen in a video circulating on social media, walking out from the holding centre with a paper in his hand, while friends embrace him with warm hugs.
He tested negative to the virus also known as COVID-19 and has been discharged to be monitored from home, a highly-placed source told Myjoyonline.com.
Health officials say they cannot call it total recovery because the man has not yet passed the mandatory 28-days period after which he would be declared fully fit, the source added.
He was the only one on admission at Kumasi South Hospital, one of the isolation centres in the Ashanti Region which is also a treatment centre for COVID-19.