Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen of the media
Good afternoon Ghanaians
We welcome you for this swift response to our invitation, though at a very short notice.
We present here, are members of Patriotic Gents, Anwiankwanta Youth for
Development Foundation (AYDF), Concern Youth of Bekwai, Concern Taxi Drivers
and Market Women in Bekwai and Youth for Development, all in the Bekwai
It is with a heavy heart that we have called you here this afternoon.
It would be recalled that yesterday, some few individuals organized a shabby press
conference and sought to paint a gloomy picture to the world that, we the people of Bekwai Constituency are unhappy with the administration of H.E. Nana Addo Dankwah Akufo Addo and the sitting MP, who is also the First Deputy Speaker of Parliament Rt. Hon. Joseph Osei-Owusu.
Their concern stems from the fact that since H.E. Nana Akufo Addo took over as the President of this Republic, Bekwai has not received her fair share of the National Cake and that by every means whether fair or foul, Rt. Hon. Joseph Osei-Owusu should be changed.
We the above listed groups find this very unfortunate and outrageous to say the least.We the good people of Bekwai especially the Youth of the Constituency are more than satisfied with the monumental developments going on across the constituency. Since the 4th Republic, our constituency has not received such a massive development
than we are seeing today under the able leadership of Hon. Joseph Osei-Owusu (M.P).
It is therefore, very absurd and disgusting by any stretch of imagination for any individual or unrecognized group of persons in the constituency to say that Bekwai has been short chained in the distribution of the National cake under the leadership of Hon. Joseph Osei-Owusu.
Ladies and Gentlemen of the media, without wasting much of your time, let me quickly take you through some of the massive infrastructural projects that we have enjoyed and continue to enjoy under Hon. Joseph Osei-Owusu who is our MP and also the First Deputy Speaker of Parliament for this period.
1. Road INFRASTRUCTURE
Ladies and Gentlemen, let me state without any equivocation that since the 4th Republic this is the very first time in the history of Bekwai that we are seeing such unprecedented road infrastructure.
– Kokoben / Senfi / Dominase / Adjamesu Trunk road (9.5kms)
– Asanso / Feyiase (9.6kms)
– Kokofu / Asaman (3kms)
– Kensere / Pampaso (13 kms)
– Ntinanko / Atwetwesu (13.3kms)
– Bekwai town roads (19.5kms) etc.
2. EDUCATIONAL INFRASTRUCTURE
Ladies and Gentlemen, the achievement of Hon. Joseph Osei-Owusu in terms of
education cannot be over emphasizes;
– Nursery classrooms fully completed and operational at Kokofu M/A Primary,
– Ahwiaa – 6 unit classroom block with ancillary facility
– Anwiam – 6 unit classroom block with ancillary facility
– Esumeja – 6 unit classroom block with ancillary facility
– Akyeremade – 3 unit classroom block
– 12 unit classroom block at St. Joseph Secondary Technical, Ahwiren.
– Girl’s dormitory and 12 unit classroom block at Wesley High School, Bekwai.
– 6 unit classroom block and home economics block and dormitory at Oppong
Memorial SHS (OMESS) at Kokofu.
– 12 unit classroom block and 12 dormitories and a new dining hall at Bekwai SDA
3. HEALTH INFRASTRUCTURE
– Newly constructed clinic at Poano
– Recommencement of the abandoned Bekwai Hospital
– Chps compound at Amoamo and other areas in Bekwai
To mention but a few.
– Newly constructed Police Station at Poano.
– Newly constructed Divisional Police Headquarters at Bekwai.
These are a few of the monumental achievements that Bekwai Constituency have
benefitted under the leadership of Nana Addo and Rt. Hon. Joseph Osei-Owusu. The
achievements span across all the sectors.
Ladies and Gentlemen of the media, to cut everything short, it should be noted that the
core mandate of every MP is to enact laws but it takes a very bold, matured, honest,
intelligent and above all selfless MP to lobby for projects for his constituent and Rt.
Hon. Joseph Osei-Owusu is no exception.
Once again, we the above listed groups have seen the good effort of our M.P. and we are solidly behind him to continue his good work.
Thank you for your time.
– Long live Bekwai Constituency
– Long live our homeland Ghana.
May God bless us all
Eric Asubonteng 0244782251
Augustine (AYDF) 0241163817
Osei Poku Eugene 0243684100