The Executive Committee of Amansie West District Assembly has called on authorities to fast- track the implementation of measures to address pressing challenges affecting the district.
After a careful deliberation on issues pertaining to the development of the area by the committee on 20th September 2021, they have come out with recommendations that demand swift action.
- The provision of a befitting office and other logistics for the district mining desk officer for an effective discharge of duty.
- Channeling of all mining related issues through the mining desk officer.
- Provision of a permanent location for purposes of farm demonstration due to the lack of land.
- That the DCE and Hon MP should lobby for the district to benefit from the famous flagship program ” Rearing for Food and Jobs Programme”.
- That the Assembly captures the lack of place for market at Above and Moseaso in the 2022 annual action plan and budget for the two markets to be construed.
- That the assembly fixes the veranda of the district agric office.
- That the assembly reshapes Atwere to Moseaso road to improve security on the stretch.
- That the assembly help in constructing fence walls for the two existing Senior (Mansoman and Esaase SHS) to enhance security in the schools.
- That the assembly liases with the school authorities of Mansoman and Esaase SHS to tighten security at the schools by deploying police officers especially during examination.
- That the Assembly help in the provision of ID cards and uniforms for members of the various neighborhood watch dog committee for identification purposes.
- That the Assembly laisse with DVLA to register all motorbikes and riders as this will serve as indirect means of banning minors from ridding motorbikes in the district.
- That the assembly insist on a collaboration between elders and Chiefs and the physical planning department of the assembly with respect of zoning lands.
- Provision of resources for the promotion of sports and cultural activities to unearth talents among the youth by the assembly.
- Renovation of health facilities including Manso Nkwanta Polyclinic, Abore Health Centre among others.
The rectification of projects including;
1. Construction of 1No. 2 Unit semi-detached quarters for Ghana Immigration Service at Manso Nkwanta.
2. Construction of 1 No. 2 Unit semi-detached quarters for Information Service Department at Manso Nkwanta.
3. Construction of final phase of Nana Bi Kusi Appiah office complex at Manso Nkwanta.
The above-mentioned recommendation were presented by the District Coordinating Director at the holding of the assembly’s Second Ordinary General Meeting on Thursday 23rd September 2021 at the conference hall of the assembly.
The meeting was chaired by the Presiding Member Hon Kwabena Adjei.