By Enock Akonnor, email@example.com
Authorities of the Amansie West District Assembly have presented Ghana Employment for Social Protection trainees’ setup tools and materials to 14 residents of the area.
Beneficiaries were persons who successfully completed a 3-month soft skills training in dressmaking, auto mechanic and cosmetology.
Among the items presented included an electronic industrial sowing machines, hand driers, electric irons, tape measures,scissors among others; aimed at empowering them to start a business related to the area of training.
Out of the 14, 3 received training in Cosmetology, 8 dressmaking whereas the remaining 3 studied auto mechanic.
The tools were given during the Second Ordinary General Meeting of the assembly, held on Thursday 27th October 2022 at the district assembly hall-Manso Nkwanta.
Matilda Gyasiwaa (a Beneficiary-Cosmetology) thanked officials for equipping them with the skills and also supporting them with the items to start a career.
Florence Ekyem another beneficiary who studied dressmaking pledged to ensure an effective utilization of the tools amidst expressions of gratitude.
At the meeting, District Chief Executive Officer for the area Hon Nii Olenu Lartey gave a presentation on the report of the executive committee meeting which was held on 24th October 2022.
Recommendations raised by the committee in the said report included;
- Invitation of the Hospital Administrator of the Manso Nkwanta Polyclinic to assembly meeting to brief the house on issues or factors contributing to the high cost of medical fees and charges at the Manso Nkwanta Polyclinic
- Inviting of traditional authorities, Education Directorate, Health, Police, District Assembly and other opinion leaders to a meeting so as to make bye-laws for the General Assembly to deliberate on and approve for regularization of Okada activities particularly the underage
- Facilitation by management for the creation inventory for commercial properties (filling stations, construction companies, mining firms, shopping centers, etc) for the assembly to know the rate and direction of those development projects to help the assembly to target areas for IGF collection, reform development control and permit acquisition
- An increase in budgetary allocation by the assembly towards community-initiated projects
- That management should as a matter of urgency take the necessary steps to ensure operationalization of the Antoakorom market
- That that assembly should take inventory of all faulty bulbs and their locations for redress among others.