CERTIFIED BY THE ELECTORAL COMMISSION
- Play your role with strict impartiality, independence and objectivity
- Your reportage must be factual and verifiable
- Should display his/her accreditation card prominently.
- Accreditation confers official recognition and gives one access to the polling stations and Collation Centers.
- Respect the laws/regulations governing the elections
- Draw the attention of the Presiding Officer (election officers) to any irregularity observed
- Should exercise utmost sense of caution in their choice of words in describing the elections (e.g. Describing an irregularity of fraud or rigging the election)
- Do not pre-judge the outcome of the election (do not let your personal opinions, likes and dislikes to influence your judgment )
- Do not attempt to take part in the actual administration of the election
- Do not display or wear any symbol or colors of any political party or candidate
- Avoid any form of confrontation with election officials, voters etc. at the polling station
- Undertake their duties in an unobstructive manner and should not interfere with the electoral process or not give instructions to the election officials.